BUS 505 Complete Class Business Strategies and Proposals
BUS 505 Assignment 1 – Firm Research
Imagine you are a small-business owner seeking a federal business opportunity that falls in one of the following categories: competitive 8a, woman-owned, HUBZone, service-disabled veteran-owned, or veteran-owned.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the small-business line of business (LOB).
2. Determine which federal government procurement opportunity is aligned with the LOB using the Federal Business Opportunities Website: https://www.fbo.gov
3. Provide the firm’s current strategies and then assess the strategic success using financial figures or “soft” indicators as the background.
4. Develop a SWOT analysis (use a table) for the business to determine the internal and external factors in servicing the federal government and then provide a gap analysis (using the weaknesses and threats) in satisfying the expected requirements.
5. Using the federal procurement process, create an action plan to fulfill the expected requirements based off the gap analysis.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources
BUS 505 Assignment 2 – Bid Strategy
Provide a bid strategy using the same firm and scenario from the first assignment.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Review the action plan from the first assignment and create a future plan that is consistent with federal procurement opportunity’s mission or strategic plan.
2. Create a bid decision evaluation form, select a total of five (5) criteria of the firm’s current marketing position, and then score against the requested opportunity using the example on Figure 7.1 described in Chapter 7 of the textbook.
3. Develop a bid strategy that provides a competitive edge over the peer federal acquisition market using five (5) customer key evaluation requirements (CKERs).
4. Identify three (3) risks of the bid strategy and then develop three (3) opportunities to mitigate each risk.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources
BUS 505 Assignment 3 – RFP Response
Respond to a RFP using the same firm and scenario from the first and second assignments.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Review the firm’s organizational structure and then develop a matrix of five (5) roles, responsibilities, and authority for the key members of the captured team to execute the proposal.
2. Read the RFP and then provide the method the company will use to respond to the RFP ambiguity by using a competitive advantage approach.
3. Create a proposal requirement document using Figure 9.1 as an example.
4. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources
BUS 505 Assignment 4 – Proposal Preparation Plan
Provide a Proposal Preparation Plan using the same firm and scenario from the previous assignments.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Discuss and prepare a work breakdown structure (WBS) showing a condensed version of cost estimates, using the price to win (PTW) cost approach. Use the example shown in Chapter 14 of the textbook as a guide.
2. Describe the strategies that could be implemented to prevent unethical practices and promote compliance with federal guidelines in the selected contract type’s performance risk and profit incentive.
3. Develop three (3) ground rules and three (3) assumptions that are conditional to the cost estimate.
4. Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources