BUS 520 WK 5 Midterm Exam Answers All Possible Questions
Purchased From Below URL
Feel Free To Contact Us:@(email@example.com)
1. Organizational behavior is the study of human behavior in organizations.
2. Learning about organizational behavior can help you expand your potential for career success in the dynamic, shifting, and complex workplaces of today.
3. The early focus of the systematic study of management was on physical working conditions, principles of administration, and principles of industrial engineering.
4. Organizational behavior is an interdisciplinary body of knowledge with strong ties to psychology, sociology, criminal justice, and anthropology.
5. Financial capital is the building block of organizational success.
6. Organizational behavior is an academic discipline devoted only to understanding group behavior.
7. Organizational behavior seldom uses scientific methods to develop generalizations about behavior in organizations.
8. Research in organizational behavior is based on scientific thinking, which means the proposed explanations are carefully tested and the explanations that can be scientifically verified are the only ones that are accepted.
9. As job satisfaction increases, absenteeism tends to go down; as job satisfaction decreases, absenteeism often goes up.
10. Scientific methods models in OB are not able to link causes with outcomes due to the human element.
11. Commonly used organizational behavior research methods include case studies, survey studies, meta analyses, field studies, and laboratory studies.
12. When organizational behavior researchers collect data in real-life organizational settings, the research method of case studies is being used.
13. Laboratory studies are being used when organizational behavior researchers collect data in simulated and controlled settings.
14. When organizational behavior researchers collect data by using questionnaires and interviews in sample populations, the research method of meta analysis is being used.
15. Organizational behavior scholars believe that there is one “best” or universal way to manage people and organizations.
16. An essential responsibility of the science of organizational behavior is to create and test models that offer evidence-based foundations for decision making and action.
17. Evidence-based management uses hard facts and empirical evidence to make decisions.
18. Organizational behavior research is now rich with empirically based insights into cross-cultural issues.
19. Progressive workplaces today look and act very similar to those of the past.
20. Eagley and colleagues conclude that followers are more accepting of a transformational style of leadership when the leader is male.
21. Important trends in the contemporary business world include the demise of “command-and-control” of organizational structures and a commitment to ethical behavior.
22. An organization is defined as a collection of people working together in a division of labor to achieve a common purpose.
23. Organizations that obtain resource inputs from the environment and transform them into outputs that are returned to the environment in the form of finished goods or services are viewed as open systems.
24. In organizational cultures that are more authoritarian and hierarchical, people are hesitant to make decisions and take action on their own, so they tend to show little initiative and wait for approval.
25. Customers, owners, employees, suppliers, regulators, and local communities are among the key stakeholders of most business organizations.
26. Fortunately, organizational stakeholders typically have the same business interests and objectives.
27. Some organizational climates are relaxed and informal, while others are more structured.
28. The value chain begins when customers and clients are well served.
29. Workforce diversity involves differences based on gender, race and ethnicity, age, able-bodiedness, and sexual orientation.
30. Today’s labor force is composed of fewer women than in prior years.
31. The proportion of African-Americans, Hispanics, and Asians in the labor force is increasing.
32. Demographic trends indicate that, in the future, people of color will constitute the majority of the U.S. population.
33. A key element in any organization that embraces multiculturalism is inclusion.
34. An effective manager is one whose organizational unit, group, or team consistently achieves its goals despite the fact that its members are uncommitted and unenthusiastic.
35. Task performance is defined as the quality and quantity of the work produced or the services provided by a work unit as a whole.
36. Organizational behavior clearly indicates that managers should be held accountable for task performance results, but not job satisfaction results.
All Questions Included.......... True/ False, Fill in the Blanks, Essays,