ACCT 504 Case Study 1 ( Part A )
click above Link to get this A Graded Assignment
For More information visit our website : http://homeworktimes.com/
Let us know if we can assist you with any thing else today
Hit us Email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please answer the 3 questions for Requirement 4 below.
Q1 How much is the total resources?
Q2 How much does the business owe?
Q3 Was June profitable and by how much?
Analyze the impact of business transactions on accounts; record (journalize and post) transactions in the books; construct and use a trial balance) During the first month of operation of Gordon Construction, Inc., completed the following transactions:
Gordon received $55,000 cash and issued common stock to the stockholders.
3 Purchased supplies, $3,000, and equipment, $5,200, on account.
4 Performed services for a client and received cash, $6,300.
7 Paid cash to acquire land, $37,000.
11 Performed services for a customer and billed the customer, $1,200. Johnson expects to collect within one month.
16 Paid partial for the equipment purchased June 3 on account $2,800.
17 Paid the telephone bill, $230.
18 Received partial payment from customer on account, $700.
22 Paid the water and electricity bills, $400.
29 Received $5,000 cash for repairing the pipes of a customer.
30 Paid employee salary, $4,300.
30 Declared and paid dividends of $3,000.
• 1. Record each transaction in the journal. Key each transaction by date. Explanations are not required.
• 2. Post the transactions to the T-accounts, using transaction dates as posting references.
• 3. Prepare the trial balance of Gordon Construction, Inc., at June30, 2014.
• 4. The manager asks you how much in total resources the business has to work with and, how much it owes.
Adjust the accounts; construct the financial statements) Record the following month end adjusting entries for Gordon Construction, Inc. at June 30, 2014
Month end accruals at June 30, 2014:
• a. Accrued advertising revenue at June 30, $3,100.
• b. Supplies used during June, $3,090.
• c. Accrued salary expense at June 30 for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The five-day weekly payroll is $6,100 and will be paid on Friday.
Prepare adjusted trial balance for Gordon Construction at June 30, 2014.