Green cleaning is considered to be the most important aspect of commercial cleaning services these days because with an increase in talks of global warming and pollution of the air and water, people are looking for ways to protect the environment. So, today green cleaning is a trend on the rise and has many benefits that go beyond protecting the eco-system. Before diving deep into the topic here are a few tidbits that make you think twice before adding a chemical cleaning product to your shopping cart.
- Toxic chemicals in household cleaners are three times more likely to cause cancer than outdoor air.
- 30% of cleaning products contain ingredients known to cause human health or environmental problems.
- 53% of cleaning products contain lung harming ingredients.
- Only 7% of cleaning products adequately disclose their list of ingredients.
- 22% of cleaning products contain chemicals known to cause asthma in otherwise healthy people.
Don’t lose heart! Switching to chemical-free and eco-friendly cleaning products provides a healthier work environment for your employees and purifies the indoor air. Read to know more!
Safeguards Employee Health
As stated above, using conventional cleaning products negatively affects employee health and increases the rate of workplace sick. Using certified green products are less irritating to skin, eyes and only have a fewer health risks associated with them.
Indoor Air Quality
A relatively clean indoor air promotes good health of employees and improves their productivity and energy. Reports from The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) warns that conventional cleaning products with harmful chemicals releases volatile organic compounds which may have short and long term adverse health effects.
Long-term Return on Investment
Green cleaning is also meant to provide long-term cost effective solutions. Wondering how? Here are the reasons!
- Improves the productivity and attendance of the employees.
- Since green cleaning products uses only less destructive chemicals, the longevity of floor and furniture surfaces and building exterior is improved.
- Hazards and liability issues are reduced.
Promotes Environmental Sustainability
Green cleaning products are successfully tested to find no harmful effects on environment, bio-degradable and come in recyclable containers. They are also made of non-toxic ingredients and do not adds unnecessary waste to the environment.
Using quality green cleaning service also saves you more cost in the long run because these products makes use of less water and electricity, thus reduces utility costs.
The writer has been a part of commercial cleaning services for over a decade and fully trained in using innovative cleaning solutions for their businesses. He authors know-how articles on commercial cleaning services.