Some garage doors have a HomeLink system. Much of the programming on these systems depends on the type of car you are driving. The official website should offer you instructions on every type of car, but if you are looking to program your garage door remote to the system, then have a look at the next few paragraphs to know more about the process.
Garage doors in Kansas City are affordable. Programming the remote system should be an easy task that will take you less than a few minutes. If you have experience programming your universal remote control for your living room, then programming remote for your garage door opener and the system should be a piece of cake.
Programming Your Remote System
If you are looking to program the garage door remote to the system, here are some instructions:
- Press the learn button on the back of your garage door’s main box
- Hold the button that you want the remote to learn
- There should be a flash or a beep on your remote to show that the signal has been properly received
- Don’t let this piece of technology intimidate you. It is very simple to handle them, once you know how to.
Issues You May Have With Your Garage Door Remote
If you are experiencing problems with your garage door remote, here are a few things you could do to solve. First, check the batteries on your remote and other devices. Many people seek professional advice when the problem is as simple as changing the batteries. In case you are having trouble with the two systems to synchronize, try to stand far away from the garage door, with your remote. Sometimes being too close may be a problem. Sometimes, garage door systems come with a toll-free number you could call in the case of trouble. If so, don’t hesitate to call the number and ask someone to assist you over the phone.
Resetting the Codes of the Garage Door Opener
After you have programmed the system in the car, to send the rolling codes, follow these steps:
- Press the Learn button on the door opener
- You have 30 seconds to successfully press the garage door opener button in the car
- Hold down this button and a light on the door opener should blink
- Let go of the button in the car and press it again
If you still find it difficult to follow this process, call a garage door service expert, and they will be able to assist you.
The author of this article is the owner of a successful and leading garage doors repair and service company. Find out more about how to repair or replace your old garage door right here.