HI215 Unit 9 Assignment
Unit 9 Assignment
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Pay-for-Performance Presentation
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
Describe the different pay for reporting models under the Centers for Medicare and
Course outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
HI215-2: Examine the reimbursement processes of different health insurance plans.
GE- 8.2: Use principles of sound reasoning.
Recently, CMS has added several prospective payment systems to their pay-for-reporting
program. Many programs begin to take effect in 2012–2013.
Pick one of the newly designed quality reporting program discussed in the text.
1. Review the CMS website at http://www.cms.gov/QualityInitiativesGenInfo/ as well as
http://www.cms.gov tab “InnovationCenter” at
2. Prepare an educational PowerPoint presentation regarding the program’s new
requirement for your medical director and department heads at Anywhere Hospital.
3. Provide examples of how this new program may impact your facility from a
Provide a 5–6 slide PowerPoint presentation and download to the Unit 9 Dropbox. See
grading rubric for more information.
Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Doc Sharing to assist you
with meeting APA expectations for written Assignments.
Submitting Your Work
Put your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Save it in a location and with the proper
naming convention: username-CourseName-section-Unit 9_Assignment.doc (username is your
Kaplan username, section is your course section, 9 is your Unit number). When you are ready to
submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
1. Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
2. In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 9: Assignment.
3. In the “Comments” field, make sure to add at least the title of your paper.
4. Click the “Add Attachments” button.
5. Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your
instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted project.
Unit 9 Assignment Grading Rubric = 40 points
Presentation includes information on the
new P4P system under the CMS system.
Presentation includes how the payment
system will possibly impact the facility.
Presentation includes required number of
slides and is visually appealing.
Total (Sum of all points)
Points deducted for spelling, grammar,
and/or APA errors.
Adjusted total points