FIN 370 Chapter 5 Problem Sets
Complete the following problem sets from Chapter 5 in Microsoft® Excel®:
- 5-1: Compute the future value in year 9 of a $2,000 deposit in year 1 and another $1,500 deposit at the end of year 3 using a 10 percent interest rate.
- 5-3: Compute the future value in year 7 of a $2,000 deposit in year 1 and another $2,500 deposit at the end of year 4 using an 8 percent interest rate
- 5-5: Compute the present value of a $2,000 deposit in year 1 and another $1,500 deposit at the end of year 3 if interest rates are 10 percent
- 5-7: What’s the present value of a $900 annuity payment over 5 years if interest rates are 8%?
- 5-12: If the present value of an ordinary , 6 year annuity is $8,500 and interest rates are 9.5 percent, what’s the present value of the annuity due?
- 5-15: A loan is offered with monthly payments and a 10 percent APR. What’s the loan’s effective annual rate (EAR)?
- 5-39 (Calculate monthly payment only): You wish to buy a $25,000 car. The dealer offers you a 4-year loan with a 9 percent APR. What are the monthly payments? How would the payment differ if you paid interest only? What would the consequence of such a decision be?