Concrete barriers play a significant role in maintaining order and safety for various occasions. They can serve as guides and divisions for huge crowds, or they can be used in managing and rerouting traffic. We cannot deny the fact that barriers are a must have in high traffic situations. It is essential to assess carefully the barriers you are buying by considering some practical tips in selecting the ultimate crowd control barriers.
Types of Barriers
There's a wide selection of barriers that users can choose. Depending on the purpose that they will be used for, there’s a particular barricade for every need.
1. Stanchion Barrier – Most common type of barrier uses ropes but they are not as durable as the other options
2. Steel Barriers – Made of steel, this kind of barrier is used for larger events
3. Retractable Barriers – They can easily be installed due to retractable belts but not ideal for massive crowds
4. K- Rail Barriers – These are durable modular barriers that can manage crowd during events and can be used to control road traffic as well
Poles vs. Barriers
Conventionally, poles with ribbons or retracted belt are used to guide the mob. Despite being used for the longest time, there are a lot of disadvantages noted in using poles instead of crowd control barriers. The downsides include:
- Not sturdy enough to prevent outrageous crowd
- Belts and ribbons can easily be torn apart
- Not as functional as concrete barriers
Because of these disadvantages, concrete jersey barriers are easily preferred over poles. Not only that they are more durable to prevent energetic crowd, but they can also last longer and can be used for multiple purposes.
How to Select the Best Barrier?
There are a variety of control barriers sold in the market today. But which one is best for you? To prevent unwanted accidents while saving money, be sure to keep the following features in mind in choosing the best K-rails:
- Durability – Look for barriers made from materials that can endure extreme conditions.
- Adaptability – Try searching for multi-function barriers that can be used for various purposes.
- Affordability – Assess if the barricade is worthy of its price tag.
- Security – Ensure that the barriers you choose foster safety and security and do not pose potential risk.
- Functionality – Among the different kinds of barriers, always look for the type suited for your needs.
The author has been in the concrete barrier manufacturing business for over 25 years now. Being a pioneer in producing quality traffic-management and crowd control barriers, he has developed revolutionary techniques that made barriers more functional and economical.