Botox has been a breakthrough in the field of cosmetic treatments. The procedure has been widely welcomed by many for the visible and proven results it offers in a short span of time. Botox is the answer for those who aspire to turn back time and gain that younger look on their face. Here is a guide that gives you a better understanding about Botox treatments.
The Purpose of Botox:
Botox treatment was introduced in the year 1989. Since its inception, it has developed into one of the most popular forms of cosmetic treatments meant for reducing wrinkles as well as diminishing the appearance of frown lines, crow’s feet, forehead furrows and neck bands. In short, Botox treatment helps eliminate all visible signs of natural aging process. Botox for eyebrows have specifically become a popular form of anti-aging treatment among men and women.
Botox treatments possess the following benefits:
1. Botox has been effective for people having low-hanging eyebrows and drooping eyelids.
2. The treatment is applicable for all skin types.
3. Touch-up treatments can be attained by patients after 6 to 8 months post Botox treatment.
4 Popular Myths:
Despite its wide acceptance, several misconceptions surrounding Botox treatment have grown as much as its popularity over the years. Some of them include:
Myth 1: Botox Injections Are Toxic – False. No doctor would inject something that is harmful to your body. When injected in the right proportions, Botox will act just as how a normal drug does in your body.
Myth 2: Botox Are Extremely Painful – Pains experienced with Botox injections are manageable. Being a simple and quick procedure, Botox treatment is also known as ‘lunch break injection’.
Myth 3: Botox Makes You Look Unnatural – It all goes down to the surgeon you choose. An experienced surgeon, having sound knowledge about the treatment will know the exact amount of dosage to be injected in your body which will make you look natural.
Myth 4: Botox Lasts Forever – Absolutely not. Botox does not produce any permanent change to your looks. The results produced will last only for five to eight months.
Beauty & Beyond!
Did you think Botox was only for beauty enhancements? Surprisingly, it’s more than just a wrinkle reducer!
1. Botox, when injected into underarms, palms and soles of the feet can control sweat glands, thus reducing sweating!
2. Botox acts as a boon for those suffering from Migraines. Administering 31 injections in different areas surrounding the temples, forehead, neck and shoulders, can diminish migraine symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
3. Botox also provides a slimmer look for those with bulky calves. Injecting Botox can shrink lower leg muscles, resulting in a slimmer appearance.
Botox treatment is safe and effective, unless you choose an experienced surgeon having good knowledge on the same. Being FDA approved, you can be confident enough in availing the treatment.
The author is a renowned surgeon specialised in Botox treatments being offered to patients for many years. He describes Botox treatment in detail to his readers through his write-up.