DUI is driving under influence. This ‘influence’ relates to alcohol or any other form of drugs and narcotics that can cause collisions and accidents while driving. Driving while intoxicated DWI lawyers conduct all cases where the guilty is found not to be a regular drinker, but an occasional one.
In Trouble if You don’t have License
The DWI lawyers make a point clear; that the fines and legal penalties for drinking and driving becomes more severe, if the driver does not have a valid driving license. In that case, the task of the criminal defense lawyer becomes tougher.
- The case of aggravated and reckless driving can be added to a simple DUI case, if the client does not have a proper driving license.
- They are also of the opinion that in case the penalized person does not have a license, then he or she might also end up serving days or months in prison.
Functions of DUI Lawyer
For cases which pertain to drinking and driving, the drunk driving attorney offers the following functions to the client:
- There are different DUI laws pertaining to different states, so it is the function of the defense attorney to stay updated about the current legal procedures to help his client.
- He manages all the administrative duties related to the court case and explains the legal procedure to the client.
- It is also the work of the defense attorney to drop and mitigate some of the more serious charges that are levied against the client.
- Gathering evidence, conducting on-road investigation are also the basic duties of any DUI lawyer. There are multiple DUI laws enshrined in the constitution of almost all states, and the defense attorney modifies and manipulates the case according to the need and situation.
The lawyer can win the case in your favor. It is the work of the DUI lawyers to alter the cases in favor of an individual, especially, by manipulating the witness records. For instance, if you were distracted by bright roadside lights, then it cannot be proved that you drunk and drove. Moreover, witnesses may also give evidence that your vision got blurred, or you had not drunk anything before you drove. All these can be done only by a competent DUI lawyer.
Get the best quality representation from one of the well experienced DWI lawyers right here at an affordable price to deal with serious cases.