Painful wisdom teeth are a common issue for the high school students and college goers. Wisdom teeth are the last 4 teeth to come up and their late arrival often becomes a problem given the lack of available space for growth along the gum. As a result, the wisdom teeth usually have an improper growth that can lead to gum & dental problems, causing excessive pain. When the wisdom teeth cannot grow properly, it’s referred to as impacted teeth. According to leading dental surgeons, you must be careful about wisdom tooth removal in Sydney on time if it’s causing too much of distress.
Why to Remove the Impacted Wisdom Teeth?
Extraction of painful wisdom teeth will enable you to prevent certain notorious oral problems that might occur in future, if you keep the teeth for long in your mouth. The usual problems with the arrival of wisdom teeth:
- The jawline might not have enough space for proper growth of the last 4 teeth which do not allow the wisdom teeth to go through the gums- leading to an impacted situation.
- The wisdom teeth can break partway via the gums and a gum tissue might come up over them. The space in between will start trapping food & bacteria, resulting in oral infection.
- Impacted wisdom teeth can even lead to cyst formation or bone damage in your mouth.
Wisdom Teeth Removal Will Be Able To Prevent:
- Tooth decay & cavities by a large extent.
- Crowding of back teeth.
- Swollen & painful gums which are common given the toxins released by impacted wisdom teeth.
- Gum diseases.
How is it done?
You will have to consult a specialist wisdom tooth removal surgeon in Sydney to remove your impacted wisdom teeth. The surgeon will start with local anaesthesia on the area so that you don’t experience any pain during the surgery.
Then, he will open up your gum tissue formed over the wisdom tooth to extract the bone covering the menacing tooth. After that, he would separate the very tissue which is connecting your tooth to that bone to extract out the whole piece. At times, the surgeon might break the tooth in small pieces for easy removal. Post extraction, the patient might need stitches. Some of the stitches would dissolve automatically over time but some might need intervention from the surgeon.
The author has an immense knowledge on wisdom tooth removal in Sydney. Know more about wisdom tooth removal surgeon in Sydney related info in his website.