ACC 340 Complete Course Material
Follow the link below to purchase ACC/340
Please contact us for more Tutorial & Help (email@example.com
ACC 340 Week Complete DQs
(a) How can an accounting information system add value to an organization’s processes and/or products? Explain in detail.
(B) What is some of the key information that is collected by your organization’s accounting information system, and how is it used ? Explain in detail
Week 2 DQ
(A) What issues enter into a given company’s design, acquisition, and implementation of accounting information system?
(B) Do you agree or disagree with the statement that “decision to acquire an accounting information system is a business decision not a systems decision”? What role does competitive advantage play in the decision to acquire an accounting information system?
What types of databases do you use in your personal life? What data do you store in these databases? How have they increased your efficiency?
How can you use the business cycles to create tables in a database? What types of reports would you create from these tables?
What is the most important phase of the SDLC? Why?
Why did Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s System 21 project fail? What can you learn from this example?
Individual Assignment: The Effects of Technology on the Accounting Profession Paper
· Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper describing how information systems are changing the various aspects of the accounting profession.
o Include a description of a variety of new technologies and their effects on accounting processes.
o Discuss how these technologies have changed the way accounting is performed at your organization or at an organization of your choosing.
· Cite at least two sources in your paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Learning Team Assignment: Accounting Cycle Description Paper
· Click the Virtual Organization link on the student website to access company information on Riordan Manufacturing. Then, select one of the accounting cycles. This selection is the basis of this and subsequent Learning Team assignments, so obtain faculty approval for your selection.
· Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper addressing the following:
o Identify the five accounting cycles and explain how this organization uses the accounting cycle you have selected.
o Comment on the strengths and weaknesses of the internal controls related to this cycle.
o Explain how you would integrate this part of the accounting cycle into an enterprise-wide accounting information system.
o Differentiate between the various types of information systems necessary to achieve this integration.
o Demonstrate the flow of accounting information through this organization.
· Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Individual Assignment: Accounting Information Systems Simulation Summary
· Complete the Accounting Information Systems simulation located on the student website.
· Write a 350-word summary addressing the following:
o What are the advantages of having the same person performing multiple activities in a particular process? What are the disadvantages?
o Where would you draw the line between cost-benefit analysis and accuracy of records?
o How would prioritization affect Ramos International’s expected loss over the current year?
· Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines.
Learning Team Assignment: Hardware and Software Selection Paper
· Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper using the same step of the accounting cycle your Learning Team selected for its Accounting Cycle Description Paper that examines the hardware and software necessary to integrate this accounting process into an automated system.
· Discuss what information might need to be shared between the different cycles.
· Include the following in your paper:
o Who needs access to the information?
o What controls need to be in place?
o What types of reports need to be generated?
o What information should be available through the corporate intranet or the Internet?
Individual Assignment: Database Definition Exercise
· Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Database Definitions Exercise located on the student website.
Individual Assignment: Assignments From the Readings
· Write a response to the following assignment from the Core Concepts of Accounting Information Systems text:
o Chapter 13: Case Analyses 13–22 (Martin Shoes, Inc.)
Learning Team Assignment: Database Tables Exercise
· Develop at least two tables, using the same step of the accounting cycle selected for your previous Learning Team assignments, that could be used in a database for your selected accounting cycle.
· Use keys to demonstrate the relationships between your database tables.
· Use fictitious data when entering information into the tables.
· Note. A key is a unique identifier that distinguishes rows within a database table. To view examples, please refer to your text.
Individual Assignment: Sarbanes-Oxley Act Article Analysis
· Use the Electronic Reserve Readings, the University Library, the Internet, or other credible resources to locate an article that examines the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
· Write a 700- to 1,050-word summary of this article addressing the following:
o Explain how the Sarbanes-Oxley Act affects the internal control of your organization or an organization of your choosing.
o Discuss auditing around the computer and through the computer, the relevance of each, and how it affects your organization or an organization of your choosing.
· Cite your article in your summary, and prepare to discuss your article in class.
· Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines