A breakthrough combination of three HIV/AIDS drugs (Efavirenz 600 mg, Tenofovir 300 mg and Emtricitabine 200mg) ‘Viraday’ has been launched by Cipla which would help the HIV infected persons in effectively treating the dreaded disease. Viraday is an oral anti-HIV medication that comes in pack of 30 tablets.
When should Viraday not be used ?
You should not use Viraday tablets if you :
- are allergic to efavirenz, emtricitabine and tenofovir or any ingredients in Viraday
- are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- have kidney or liver disease
- have hepatitis B infection
- have a mental illness, including depression; convulsions; or bone disease like osteoporosis without discussion with your doctor, as your condition may worsen
- are taking medicines that interact with Viraday, including: cisapride for reflux, midazolam and triazolam for sedation and anxiety, the antipsychotic pimozide, bepridil for angina, Cafergot for migraine, the antifungal voriconazole and Itraconazole, other medications containingf efavirenz, emtricitabine, or tenofovir, other retrovirals like ritonavir or lamivudine, herbal preparations containing St. John's wort, the anticonvulsant phenobarbital, antibiotics like clarithromycin rifampicin, statins like simvastatin for lowering cholesterol, the anticoagulant warfarin, the anticonvulsants carbamazepine and Phenytoin, the antidepressant sertraline, the calcium channel blocker diltiazem for high blood pressure, oral contraceptives.
Click here to get more details : Viraday Tablets