BUS 485 Strategic Management Entire Course
Follow Below Link to Download Tutorial
BUS 485 Strategic Management Entire Course
BUS 485 Full Course
BUS 485 Entire Course
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 1 DQ 1 & DQ 2 LATEST
Pick a publicly traded company. Describe its competitive advantage using the resource-based model of above average returns.
What are vision and mission statements? What is their value for the strategic management process? Select an example of strong Vision/Mission (cite your source). What are its positive characteristics?
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 2 DQ 1 & DQ 2 LATEST
Compare Google with Facebook. In terms of the five forces of competition, do you feel these companies view one another as competitors? Why or why not?
Describe the elements of an organization’s external environment. Why is it important to understand the external environment?
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 3 DQ 1 & DQ 2
Why is it important to conduct a SWOT analysis? What are the weaknesses of a SWOT analysis? Why is that so?
Why is sustainable competitive advantage a critical strategy-making consideration?
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 4 DQ 1 & DQ 2
How can you determine a core competency?
What is the relationship between capabilities and core competencies?
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 5 DQ 1 & DQ 2
What are the different levels of diversification firms can pursue by using different corporate level strategies and what are the advantages to diversifying their operations?
What do you think are the criteria a firm should use to evaluate targets for acquisition and how should a company plan and undertake its merger acquisition strategic initiatives?
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 6 DQ 1 & DQ 2
An international strategy can take many forms. Explain what a global strategy is and how is it different from a multi-domestic strategy. What are the traditional and emerging reasons/motives that firms expand internationally?
What are some of the special features of competing in foreign markets?
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 7 DQ 1 & DQ 2
Discuss the role of organizational controls and explain their importance.
Why is it necessary to regularly evaluate business strategy?
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 8 DQ 1 & DQ 2
What are the most effective leadership styles? Why are they effective? In your opinion, what are the least effective leadership styles? Explain.
Why are innovation and entrepreneurial spirit important to market entry or market expansion? Give examples
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 1 ASSIGNMENT
BUS-485 Capstone Project Directions
Students will create a strategic business plan for their culminating project in BUS-485. The structure of this assignment is comprehensive and integrative. It requires synthesis and evaluation of information, skills, and knowledge developed throughout theBS program at COB.
Youwill be required to submit a specific section of the capstone in each Topicof the course as indicated in the assignment instructions below.Each section will be due by the end of the Topic in which it is assigned. Prepare eachassignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.Utilize the “Capstone Project Template,”located in the course materials, to organize the individual components into the final strategic business plan due at the end of the course.
Topic 1: Overview of the Capstone Project
Draft an overview of your project (approximately 500-750 words). Refer to chapter 1 in the textbook for additional information. Include the following in your draft:
1. 1. Briefly describe the context and your organization.
2. 2. Articulate the vision, mission, and strategy of your organization (or business unit or division).
3. 3. Describe the nature of the business opportunity.
Topic 2: Environmental Analysis and Industry Analysis
Usingthe Segments of the General Environment, write the environmental analysis for your organization(approximately 500-750 words). Refer to chapters 2 and 8in the textbook for additional information. Include the following in your draft:
1. 1. Incorporate theFive Forces of Competition to help write the industry analysis for your organization (page 51).
2. 2. Describe your sources of competitive advantage.
3. 3. Using the International Entry Modes (Figure 8.5), describe which mode(s) of entry you would use to expand globally and why you selected it (even if expansion is hypothetical at this time). Select one country, such as Canada, and discuss relevant cultural, political, and economicfactors, and any language barriers that could impact your entry.
4. 4. Identify the outlook, forecast, or trends for the type of organization you have selected.Use the Scan, Monitor, Forecast and Assess model in chapter 2 to complete this section.
Topic 3:Marketing Plan
Write the Marketing Plan for your organization (approximately 750-1,000 words). Your plan should:
1. 1. Describe the target market.
2. 2. Identify the size of your potential target market.
3. 3. Include a SWOT analysis (use a two by two table in Word).
4. 4. Describe the 4Ps of marketing in your organization (product/positioning, pricing, promotion, and placement).If you have a service organization you may consider describing the 4Is (intangibility, inconsistency, inseperabilty, and inventory).
Topic 4: Organizational Plan
Write theOrganizational Plan for your organization (approximately 750-1,000 words). Refer to chapters 4 and 6 in the textbook for additional information.
1. 1. Describe who will comprise your management team and what talents or skills each of the team members will bring to the organization.Include a simple organizational chart.
2. 2. Outline a McKinsey 7-S Assessment/Model (strategy, structure, systems, shared values, style, staff, skills) as it applies to your business.Review the McKinsey 7-S Resources in the topic materials for additional information on completing this section.
3. 3. Describe your business-level strategy (chapter 4 – cost leadership or differentiated) and explain how it fits with the corporate-level strategy (chapter 6 – low, medium, or high differentiation plus value creating, value neutral, or value reducing) for your organization.
Topic 5: Operational Plan
Write the Operational Plan for your organization(500-750 words). Refer to chapter 3 and pages 88, 113, and 116in the textbookfor additional information. Address the following in the plan:
1. 1. Describe the supply chain for your prospective organization. Where does your organization bring value in this supply chain?
2. 2. Indentify your main partners and suppliers. What are their locations? What is your contingency plan?
3. 3. Explain how you will optimize operational effectiveness in your organization.
4. 4. Consider your operational plan from a value chain perspective and identify and discuss the primary and support activities (financial, human resources, and information systems management).
Topic 6: Financial Plan
Write the Financial Plan for your organization (500-750 words).Create the accompanying spreadsheet(s) and address the following in your plan:
1. 1. Using Excel,create a three-year Pro Forma income statement for your organization (or product/service).Review the resources in the topic materials for additional information.
2. 2. Calculate your financial break-even point.
BEP= Fixed Costs/ (unit price – variable unit costs)
3. 3. Identify possible sources for investment capital if required (friends, family, banks, USSBA, etc.).
4. 4. Explain how you will use financial information to help you craft your business strategy.
5. 5. Identify the key financial ratiosyou will use to measure the performance of your organization to determine success.
Milestones Schedule and Critical Risks Assessment
Create the Milestones Schedule and Critical Risks Assessment for your organization (500-750 words). Review chapter 9 in the textbook for additional information.
1. 1. Describe the preferred timing and objectives for your business plan. Create a visual tht includes critical decisions and dates in any of the following formats: Excel spreadsheet, Gantt chart, network diagram, or task list. Refer to the resources on charting and diagramming project progress in the topic materials for additional information on creating your Milestone Schedule.
2. 2. Create contingency plans to address major problems or setbacks as they occur.
Topic 7: Strategic Leadership and Entrepreneurship
Write the Strategic Leadership and Entrepreneurship section for your Capstone(500-750 words). Refer to chapter 12 in the textbook for additional information. Be sure to address the following questions:
1. 1. What is your sphere of influence in your organization? Based on this, what impact can you have on the implementation of your business plan?
2. 2. What is your own bias and how could it impact the development or progress of your organization’s development?
3. 3. What hurdles do you anticipate?
4. 4. What leadership style(s) will you have to demonstrate? How could you incorporate Servant Leadership? Where do you fall short?
5. 5. What are your strengths and weaknesses as they relate to your business?
6. 6. How can you impact and influence others and your future organization to deliver the results you expect?
Topic 8:Final Paper — Due by the end of Topic 8
Revise the Overview written in Topic 1 into the Executive Summary for your strategic business plan.Describe each section of the plan in a few sentences so the reader can understand what will follow in the detailed sectionsin your document.
Final Strategic Business Plan
Integrate the components developed in each Topic into a finalized strategic business plan. Incorporate any feedback from your instructor into the final document as well. The document should include appropriate headings for each section.Review the “Capstone Project Template” in the Course Materials for a formatting sample. You should cite and reference 7-10 secondary sources in your final draft.Your final document should be between 4,250-5,250 words.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is/is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Grand Canyon BUS485 WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
In teams, refer to chapter 2, “Experiential Exercises — Exercise 2: What Does the Future Look Like?”
Select a trend, technology, entertainment, or design that will significantly impact business in the near future. Your goal is to determine which of the six dimensions of the general environment will be affected by your selection. Create a table, utilizing the attached template, to summarize the impact of your selection.
Consult the resources mentioned at the end of the exercise as a starting point for your research. You may need to consult additional sources as well.
Your table should clearly identify the selected trend, technology, entertainment, or design and prov