BI ANALYSIS/FINAL PROJECT
To Download tutorial Copy and Paste below Link into your Browser
for any inquiry email us at ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
BI Analysis/Final Project
this final course activity will challenge your ability to apply quantitative problem solving to analyze business performance and identity opportunities and challenges. See attached documents, installation instructions, and data files.
- In this analysis project, you’re doing a consulting gig for AdventureWorks Cycles, a mid-sized American bicycle manufacturer, and your client has asked you to help them get started with business intelligence processes that can show them where they stand.
- Your work for them will include a quantitative analysis of data provided using PowerPivot, as well as a general recommendation as to where they need to start to solve their operating challenges, and a working Excel dashboard for monitoring important KPIs.
- Note: PowerPivot requires Excel Professional 2010 (add-in) or 2013 (component), or Mac Excel 2016 (previous versions of Mac Office do not support PowerPivot. See installation & setup instructions.
Related Files: Choose one version of project files – V1-PowerPivot or V2-Non
Both versions include: description, setup instructions, dashboard tutorial, data files
The completed Word report should be a maximum of 4 pages (plus Appendix with a dashboard screen shot), single spaced, 12 point font, blank line between block paragraphs. Include 2-4 tables or charts to illustrate your main discussion points. Each table or chart should be numbered and titled correctly, with understandable axis labels and scales, and discussed directly in your text. Also submit Excel PowerPivot working file with dashboard & slicer features. Outside sources optional.
BI Analysis Structure – Your BI analysis should include the following sections:
- Executive Summary – one paragraph, appears first, but written last, with a short summary purpose, and conclusions from your analysis.
- Data and Methodology – a brief overview of the key characteristics of the dataset used, what you did to arrive at your analysis and conclusions, and the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) you focused on for your analysis.
- Dataset details —time period covered, main entities addressed by the data, and also mention that the dataset source is theAdventureWorks sales system and data quality is ‘reliable’.
- Tools & process used to analyze the data—Excel PowerPivot, with pivot tables and charts.
- List of KPIs and dimensions you focused on in your analysis. Explain, in your own words, what each means and why you used it.
- Analysis – The client wants to you to identify issues and opportunities affecting sales revenue and profit in a targeted region of your choice. All discussion shown in your analysis must be supported by the data and charts you include in your report. Your creativity is encouraged.
- Description of your target Product Category in your chosen Territory. Identify factors such as gross sales, profits, percentage profit, use of discounting, performance by channel, and the major product or subcategories, etc. Use 1-2 pivot tables or charts to support and illustrate this overview. Describe what you found, referring to your data charts, tables.
- Recommendations – briefly describe and discuss your recommendation for change, including the actions or changes AdventureWorksshould take to improve performance. Consider how well these actions address the specific issue or opportunity, and if acted upon, indicate what and how the area is impacted. For example, sales and/or profitability may change over the next few months or year. Please be specific about the changes, and the magnitude of change (reasonable estimate based upon your suggestion).
- Dashboard Description – Describe your dashboard design and explain how the charts/tables displayed in the dashboard will allow the company to monitor the effectiveness of the recommended actions. Include the dimensions and measures used, and indicate what comparisons were made. Include a screen shot of your dashboard model in appendix.
- Appendix – screen shot of your dashboard design.
Submission – submit Word report, and copy of Excel file with pivot tables, charts, and working dashboard.